FAQs & Calendar
DO I HAVE TO BOOK A PLACE?
Yes, you need to book so that we can limit the numbers, helping to maintain 2m distancing and keep everyone safe. You can book in the following ways, here on the website, or by contacting the KLC church office by email or telephone.
DOES THE CHURCH HAVE A QR CODE I CAN SCAN?
Yes, there are several places in the building where you can scan if you have the NHS App on your phone. If you do not have the App, you can download it beforehand.
CAN I BRING MY CHILDREN?
Yes we would love you to bring your children. Things are however a little different. If you are a regular church attender you should have received information about bringing children to church. If you have not received this information, or if you are new to the church, please contact Admin@klc.org.uk and we can send you all the information you need to know. You will need to book yourself and your children in – visit the ‘Book here’ part of the website to do this.
WHAT TIME CAN I GET IN THE BUILDING?
We will be starting the meeting at 10.30, and you can arrive from 10.00. However, the café will not be open, and you will need to find your seat and remain there, so bear this in mind if you plan to come early.
If people are waiting to enter the building when you arrive, please form an ‘orderly queue’, and keep 2m apart.
Please make every effort to arrive before 10.30 in time to take your seat.
WHAT ARE THE SEATING ARRANGEMENTS?
We have moved the seats around – so it will look different! Seats are arranged in blocks of 1,2,3, 4 and 5 and are arranged so that they are 2m apart from each other. When you arrive, you will be directed to a block of seats for the number of people who are with you from your household or bubble. Please remain in your seat once you have settled.
WHAT IF I HAVE SYMPTOMS OF COVID?
This may be obvious, but if you have any symptoms of Covid or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last 14 days, please do not attend. If you fall ill within 14 days of attending the meeting, please self-isolate and get a test.
WHAT ARE THE GUIDELINES IF I WAS PREVIOUSLY SHIELDING OR AM OLDER?
If you have had your vaccination(s) and/or you have received medical advice saying that you no longer need to shield, please feel free to join us.
WILL I BE ABLE TO SING?
Currently the guidelines do not allow us to sing together, however we can worship! We have a creative God – we can raise our hands, hum, speak out words to God, kneel, clap, and celebrate. It’s an opportunity for us to be creative and express our hearts in different ways.
WILL THE TOILETS BE OPEN?
There are reduced toilet facilities – only 2 people to use the toilets at any one time. If you need to use the toilet remember to wash your hands.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE TO KEEP PEOPLE SAFE?
We want to keep everyone as safe as we are able, and we need your help to do this.
- Maintain 2m social distance from anyone who is not in your household – sorry, no hugging!
- Clean your hands using hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the building and avoid touching door handles or other surfaces as much as possible.
- Please wear a face mask, we will have spare ones available on arrival if you have forgotten yours.
- Please only use seating as directed by the stewards and only sit with your household or bubble.
- There will be some one-way areas, and you are asked to follow the arrows.
- Please do not bring food into the church for hygiene reasons.
- Please do not touch other people’s belongings.
- Do not gather with people outside your household before or after the meeting.
- Avoid touching your face (wash your hands if you do so accidentally) and use the crook of your elbow to avoid coughing or sneezing towards other people.
- If you feel unwell at any point during worship, please advise a member of the Welcome Team and leave the building as quickly as possible to seek medical advice.
- If you become ill after the event, you must contact NHS track and trace to advise them that you have attended a Sunday gathering at Kingdom Life Church.
WILL YOU TAKE MY DETAILS?
Government guidelines require us to take details of everyone attending to enable contact tracing for the NHS. If you are a visitor, we will only keep your details for 21 from the date of the service, after that time they will be destroyed. Regular attenders are invited to give ongoing consent for Test and Trace whilst the government requires it. This is included in our new Consent Form which you have been asked to complete. If you have not had an email about this, please contact the office. If you are a visitor the forms will be available on arrival.